gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
logo

gfx gfx
gfx
2061 Posts in 417 Topics by 287 Members - Latest Member: Gerald Ray Mayton November 22, 2017, 12:34:30 AM
gfx*HomeHelpGalleryCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: 5.0 ho head gasket  (Read 6393 times)
sx455

« on: June 10, 2008, 11:33:45 AM »

Hello all
    93 lx     stock 5.0
   I bought a 96 explorer to get the heads and intakes      they are the gt40 heads not the p's     i had them shaved .025 to get the chamber cc's  close to the factory e7's , i didnt want to alter the factory c/r . now the question is, what head gaskets do i use? I see fel-pro offers .039 and .041        which do i use , or are there better options ??   THANks IN ADVANCE !                                                                       
mike rousch
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2008, 11:53:38 AM »

from what i can remember the factory gasket is 0.41. if you shaved 0.25 off the heads then you would have to run a felpro multie layer steel gasket to get the thickness back, i know they make them in 0.65 and 0.70's. to be honest though you can put just the factory paper felpro back on and the compression will not change enough to even notice. if anything it will run allitle better! hope this helps.
sx455

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2008, 12:40:46 PM »

i did some research between the gt40s-gt40p and the e7s   i decided to go with the 40s due to the fact they where a bolt on performance upgrade over the e7s and did not require special headers as the p does.  all the reading i did said the combustion chamber ccs were more on the gt40s than the e7s, but a ..025 thou cut would get them very close to the same.    so i guess my real question would be what thickness the stock 5.0s came with , which seem to be.041?    so i guess now all i have to worry about is lifter preload. Thanks for the info !!
gfx
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx