Richmond, Virginia Mustangs - Custom, High Performance Mustangs in VA
October 16, 2019, 06:43:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Drag night and some slips  (Read 14417 times)
DJ

« on: March 21, 2008, 08:52:09 PM »

went to the Strip today to have some fun and see what times my car would run. I ran Muscle Street and was really impressed and probably could have done even better with some DR's and a good tune.

I was do some more runs, but i didn't have a helmet, they let me go once but i don't think they'll do it twice :p

Here are some timeslips, lemme know what you think:

PS. I'm the one on the RIGHT in all slips

« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 09:03:43 PM by DJ » Logged

"The difference between men and boys, is the price of their toys"
mike rousch
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 09:14:57 PM »

thats awesome dj Smiley  keep it up man! what hapiend on the first run? i noticed on the second you lost almost a tenth in the 60 but picked up a tenth out the back?
DJ

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 09:37:23 PM »

thats awesome dj Smiley  keep it up man! what hapiend on the first run? i noticed on the second you lost almost a tenth in the 60 but picked up a tenth out the back?

thanks man! on the first run, i didn't take the tires down enough cause i forgot and did them last minute plus i launched at about 4K and so i was spinning in every gear.

i could have done better if i got out of the hole earlier, you can see my R/T. I just keep looking at the tree and doing nothing :p better reaction time next time. but definitely gonna put in this 3.73 gears with a good custom tune and some drag radials, that should do the trick

VINNIE

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2008, 11:53:14 AM »

Everything looks good but your reaction times. Kinda looks alot like crazyleggs is driving Shocked Sometimes that can win a race for you. Try leaving when third light comes on, or more rpm on line, or maybe more tire pressure in front. Altough the tire pressure thing never worked for me its worth a try.

"GET U SUM"
nemisiz

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2008, 02:01:02 PM »

Everything looks good but your reaction times. Kinda looks alot like crazyleggs is driving Shocked Sometimes that can win a race for you. Try leaving when third light comes on, or more rpm on line, or maybe more tire pressure in front. Altough the tire pressure thing never worked for me its worth a try.
talk about the driving vinnie i remember someone that forgot to let go of the button.....long time ago Grin Grin

GOT TURBO???
DJ

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2008, 03:31:52 PM »

yeah my reaction time was a mess. For my first pass, yes crazylegs was driving LOL. cause i'm still a rookie when it come's to the track, kindo got the stage fright  Tongue but after that was fine, but still need to work on it more.

VINNIE

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2008, 05:06:02 PM »

talk about the driving vinnie i remember someone that forgot to let go of the button.....long time ago Grin Grin
Yea I remeber the whole let go of the button thing. I was the one with a numb thumb afterwards. I was sitting there looking at the green and wondering why the hell the car wasen't moving, I had looked over at the fence and you were standing there with your arms out like what the fuck. Than I looked down and saw my thumb brite and white thats when it hit me  OH YEA.  Grin
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 09:08:56 PM by VINNIE » Logged

"GET U SUM"
mike rousch
Administrator

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2008, 05:09:56 PM »

you dont want none of them 020's son Grin
VINNIE

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2008, 09:03:12 PM »

I figure Ill have you  covered by 2 or 3 numbers so I have alot of room for error. Oh yea I did when 2 finals last year due to holeshot. "BEWARE"
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 09:07:06 PM by VINNIE » Logged

"GET U SUM"
nemisiz

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2008, 10:04:17 PM »

yeah you quick to get your button off huh vinnie  Cheesy Cheesy

GOT TURBO???
NOBOWTY

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2008, 11:04:08 PM »

Yea I remeber the whole let go of the button thing. I was the one with a numb thumb afterwards. I was sitting there looking at the green and wondering why the hell the car wasen't moving, I had looked over at the fence and you were standing there with your arms out like what the fuck. Than I looked down and saw my thumb brite and white thats when it hit me  OH YEA.  Grin
Roll Eyes  Dumb ass  Grin

Don't say it spray it
DJ

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2008, 01:21:54 PM »

LOL  Tongue

DJ

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2008, 11:07:18 AM »

was there yesturday, and added a new time for my car!

what do you all think?

mike rousch
Administrator

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2008, 11:17:44 AM »

thats great DJ, keep at it and it will go 13.70's!
DJ

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2008, 11:55:33 AM »

thats great DJ, keep at it and it will go 13.70's!

hopefully it will real soon. need to put those gears in there and a few tweaks here and there Wink

hey mike, from the numbers? how much HP would you think my car is putting down at the wheel? just an estimate
« Last Edit: April 19, 2008, 12:00:05 PM by DJ » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: